Quickly I tried to wipe away my tears, but like every mother, she tried to figure out what was wrong. I told her it was nothing, but she did not believe me. I ended up telling her about what happened to me today and how the kids in school were treating me. She asked why and I told her I do not know. She said there has to be some reason they came at me in a negative way.
For five minutes I stayed silent not saying a single word about what was truly wrong with me. I took a deep breath and told her “mom… I am pregnant.”
Astonished by the news, she kept quiet for ten minutes then spoke again. She did not ask me ‘why’ it happened. Common sense that most teens would not plan their early pregnancy. She instead asked ‘how? How did this happen to you?” I was relieved to know that she was willing to listen, so I told her the details of my story and how I ended up in the middle of a mob of students calling me names.
I started off with Jude and how he is most likely the father. But he is not taking the initiative to support me because that same night when I found out I was pregnant; he broke up with me and left the house. She interrupted me and said, “I am not surprised. I never trusted the kid anyway.” I continued the story by telling her that Erin was there to support me for the rest of the night. In my mom’s response she said “Thank God.”
She asked if I have talked to Jude ever since the incident and I told her “yeah a couple of weeks ago. He basically told me if I do not get an abortion then he will not talk to me anymore—and he kept his word.” I have not talked to the guy since our last conversation.
After the conversation I told her I was sorry for putting her in a difficult position. She started tearing up, telling me “its okay, we can work through this, but in one condition.”
I asked her “what?”
“You cannot let Jude part of the child’s life, do you understand?”
“Why not mom, he is the father of the baby.”
“No father of the baby denies his child”
As hard as it was, I agreed to her request. She left out a deep breath of air and gave me a long hug and assured me that everything was going to be okay.
After realizing that my mom knew, I quickly looked at her and asked “what about dad?”
She told me that she would at one point break it down to him. My dad is a tough guy, so knowing that I am pregnant is not going to be easy for him. Surely enough he would kill Jude if he ever sees the guy again in our house.
We ended the conversation by walking downstairs to the kitchen. As I walking down I kept thinking how thankful I am to have a mom like her. I gave her a hug and said “thank you mom.”
“Anything for you Christina. Your dad and I love you and will do anything to provide for you. Remember that”
<3Christina
----------------
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment